David Warlick gave the keynote for the K-12 Online Conference this morning. It was great to have chat, Twitter and David speaking. People were commenting and giving help while the presentation was giving.
What I liked best about this keynote is that it speaks specifically to changing the education model. Students are learning as a community. The current model of school does not expect group learning. “The future depends on solving this problem.” I plan to use this video with staff.
Other points I plan to work on with teachers:
- Changes in the kinds of job we prepare students for
- Free agents: what a concept!
- Community of people learning together
- How we use information has changed and what we can do with it
- Can our students produce a product that can compete with other products
- Students remixing content
- Change is within the grasp of those of us paying attention
- Info-savy students (need teachers to work info)
- New Information landscape
- Unpredictable future
I will be watching and listening to this many more times. Thanks David!
Blogged with Flock