Mike Richards has tagged me for this one, and as Mike mentioned, professional development is close to my heart as well.
Here are the directions:
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2008 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
Here are the rules:
- Pick 3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
- For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/01/08).
- Post the above directions along with your 3 goals on your blog.
- Title your post Professional Development Meme and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/353.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme.
- Tag 8 others to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
Here are my goals:
- Attend EduBloggerCon East and Building Learning Communities
- As I prepare to facilitate summer classes at the University of Southern Maine, I find I learn a great deal as I prep for the courses and I learn even more from the students in the classes.
- I am hoping to finally read Wikinomics this summer. It’s been on my bookshelf for a year, so maybe publicly declaring that I want to read it will make me do so! I also want to read Clay Shirky’s book Here Comes Everybody