Working with Authentic Tools and Authentic Audiences
Dr. Sarah Kadjer
outside writing tools vs in school writing tools
Writing “non negotiables”
- development of uniques, strong voice.
- Concise, packed, lively writing (forceful language)
- clarity and confidence
- specific examples
- includes writing for authentic audience
Guiding question: “We are doing this in order to do this”
How do we get there?
James Moffat, 1981: “The three things we do with final versions of writin are post, print, and publish.
Back of Napkin (book)
Storyboard before any visual piece
Flickr 366 project
My Maps at Google
Flip video: Mino has a charger
Prompt” This we believe about the teaching of writing
- podcasts: A teacher in your pocket interviews and analysis
- GoogleSchool house share about books