Presented at the Coalition of Essential Schools, Fall Forum. Charlotte, NC November, 2008
- How does the use of Web 2.0 tools, such as blogs, wikis, and Voicethreads motivate and encourage students to improve analysis and refection skills as well as take ownership for their learring?
- How can I ensure that students in my classroom experience a participatory culture of learning (strong support for creating and sharing one’s creations with others, some type of informal mentorship where what is known by the most experienced is passed along to novices, students contributions matter) with others, inside and outside of the classroom AND as a result, what is the impact on student engagement?
- become aquainted with 21st century literacy skills
- view sample teacher and students created blogs, wikis, and voicethreads
- develop an understanding of collaboration and communication using Web 2,0 Tools
- be given resources for developing their own blogs, wikis, and voicethreads