From Knowledgable to Knowledge-able: Learning in New Media Environments
Posted January 7th, 2009 by Michael Wesch , Kansas State University
* Teaching and Technology
* information revolution
* participatory learning
* Web 2.0
0 Comments | 2209 Page Views
Most university classrooms have gone through a massive transformation in the past ten years. I'm not talking about the numerous initiatives for multiple plasma screens, moveable chairs, round tables, or digital whiteboards. The change is visually more subtle, yet potentially much more transformative.
Download ManyCam, it's FREE!
What is ManyCam?
– Use your webcam with multiple programs simultaneously.
– Add text to your webcam video window with any application.
– Add cool animations to your video window.
– Show your local day and date in your video window.
– Add live CGI graphics like fire and water effects. You can even make it appear as if it is snowing inside your house!
DownThemAll (or just dTa) is a powerful yet easy-to-use Mozilla Firefox extension that adds new advanced download capabilities to your browser.
DownThemAll lets you download all the links or images contained in a webpage and much more: you can refine your downloads by fully customizable criteria to get only what you really want.